Hello everyone! It’s been a while since I’ve done any promotions for my catalog. No real reason, other than I’ve been busy dealing with mom stuff. Now that the holidays have calmed down and flu season is tapering off, it’s time to give my audience some perks!
Each week during the month of February a different title will be available to download for free via Kindle. We’re kicking the month off Feb 3-7th with Turquoise Boot Straps: A Survivor’s Thoughts
According to the National Sexual Violence Resource Center:
* 1 in 5 women and 1 in 71 men will be raped at some point in their lives.
* In the United States 1 in 3 women and 1 in 6 men experienced some form of contact sexual violence in their lifetime.
* 51.1% of female victims of rape reported being raped by an intimate partner and 40.8% by an acquaintance.
* 52.4% of male victims report being raped by an acquaintance and 15.1% by a stranger.
* 49.5% of multiracial women and over 45% of American Indian/Alaska Native women were subjected to some form of contact sexual violence in their lifetime.
* 91% of victims of rape and sexual assault are female, and 9% are male
* In 8 out of 10 cases of rape, the victim knew the perpetrator.
* 8% of rapes occur while the victim is at work.
The problem of sexual violence runs rampant, and yet rape is the most under-reported crime; 63% of sexual assaults are not reported to the police. Of the remaining 37% reported less than 10% are found to be false. The facts are clear, and still the culture that would rather victims of sexually based crimes remain silent prevails.
Join Rebecca MacCeile as she throws off the shackles of silence and raises her voice. Turquoise Boot Straps: A Survivor’s Thoughts provides a glimpse into her journey of self-discovery while tackling many controversial topics at the height of the MeToo era.
Stay tuned throughout the month for more titles and when they will be available at no cost to you.
All the best,